Protect embedded reinforcing steel
Densi-Proof plus Reo Protect is a spray-applied treatment that is specifically engineered to penetrate into the capillaries and pores of reinforced concrete structures to protect embedded reinforcing steel. In addition, Densi-Proof plus Reo Protect reconditions the pH of old concrete, and seals and waterproofs the concrete capillary and pore structure, hence improving resistance to chemical and environmental attack.
Within the concrete capillary and pore structure, Densi-Proof plus Reo Protect reacts with free alkali to seal the capillary and pore space. The reaction chemically completes, leaving a stable gel within the concrete capillary and pore structure, thereby reducing water migration to levels acceptable for most adhesives, coatings and coverings. Densi-Proof plus Reo Protect penetrates to protect accessible reinforcing steel.
Densi-Proof plus Reo Protect withstands over 250-feet of Hydrostatic Pressure and can be effectively applied on the positive or negative side of concrete structures. There is minimum site disruption that allows early access for other trades.
Protect Crete Concrete Protection technology is unique with over 30-years proven performance.
STOPS CORROSION OF REBAR WHILE LEAVING CONCRETE IN PLACE
Densi-Proof + Reo Protect is formulated to address structural concrete remediation issues such as:
- Rebar corrosion
- Deicing chemical and freeze-thaw damage
- Concrete contamination
- Moisture migration
- Porous concrete
- Alkali-aggregate reactivity
- Concrete Carbonation
How to apply:
See Technical Data Sheet for full Application Instructions or contact Protect Crete NZ for site specific advice and specification.
How to use as a cure:
On new concrete specify Densi-Proof to be applied at time of concrete placement to provide exceptional curing and waterproofing of the concrete resulting in protection against water and contaminant ingress and its long-term effect on concrete health and rebar corrosion.
Other important notes:
- Make sure existing concrete is clean and existing coatings are removed to allow unimpeded access to the concretes pores and capillary structure.
- Do not apply below 3degrees C when getting colder.
- Do not apply if rain is expected within 3 hours.
- Wait at least 72 hours before applying coatings
- Prior to applying coatings water blast or abrade to remove purged contamination
- Protect Crete Densi-Proof plus Reo Protect mat etch glass or dull brushed or shiny aluminium and can be difficult to remove from other surfaces once it dries. Cover and mask surrounding surfaces or rinse with water immediately if sprayed.
- We recommend the use of a painters mask during application. refer to MSDS available from www.protectcretenz.co.nz
- Ensure you contact your nearest Protect Crete office for full technical assistance and latest application procedures