X400 Luster Shield is a high quality, proprietary acrylic formula dispersion that when applied and fully dried / cured, develops into a strong, durable, flexible, and breathable film-coating which adheres tenaciously to clean, bare concrete surfaces, render and masonry. X400 is a non-flammable, odourless, penetrating coating that will dry to a clear attractive satin finish.
- Clear attractive satin finish
- Enviromentally friendly
- Low odour – 0.0g/L VOC
- Easily maintained
- Can be buffed to a high gloss finish
- Easy to use, no specialist equipment needed
- Compatible with X420 Luster Keep High Solids Commercial Polish
- Low Cost
Suitable for any concrete or masonry surface
How to apply:
Always start with a clean bare surface. Remove all dirt, stains, glues and previous coatings. If you don’t they will be preserved for the life of the coating.
- Using a short nap paint roller or micro fibre applicator, apply evenly and thinly at the rate shown on the chart. Do not over apply or allow to puddle.
- Allow at least 24 hours to dry thoroughly. May require more drying time in high traffic areas.
- May be burnished to a higher sheen with high-speed machine with animal hair pad or, over coated with X420 Luster Keep Polish for a higher deeper wet look shine. Contact your nearest OXTEK office for details.
Other important notes:
- Protect areas not intended for coverage as product is very difficult to remove when dry.
- When used as a coating X400 must be applied in a thin layer, otherwise the strength of the bond will be compromised. For a thicker layer apply subsequent coats 24 hours after each application.
- X400 will adhere to the first surface it meets, including dirt. If product adheres to dirt it may peel up.
- X400 has a minor almost insignificant trace of VOC. Ingestion, skin or eye contact should be avoided. Refer to MSDS.
- We recommended use of a painters mask during application.
- Do not allow water on the surface for 7 days after application.
- Do not apply to surface in full sun or if temperature outside range of 4ºC – 24ºC.
- Refer to MSDS at www.protectcretenz.co.nz